Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Welcome to the Diocese of Argyll and the Isles Safeguarding web-page. In the Diocese we follow the standards and procedures that are given by the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland and the National Safeguarding Office.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding:
The Catholic Church in Scotland is concerned with the lives, safety, wholeness and well-being of each individual person within God’s purpose for everyone.
It seeks to safeguard the welfare of people of all ages who are involved in whatever capacity with the Church and its organisations.
As a Church community, we accept that it is the responsibility of all of us, ordained, professed, paid and voluntary members, to work together to prevent all forms of abuse or neglect of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
It is of fundamental importance that the whole Catholic community should understand and accept, in mind and heart, this essential truth: what we call “Safeguarding,” or how we keep everyone safe within our Catholic community, come from the very heart of the message of God’s love made visible in his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Below you will find contact details, forms to download, new documents.
Diocesan Safeguarding Officer
Mr. Donald Campbell
c/o Diocesan Office
Bishop’s Representative, Diocesan Risk Assessment for Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Rev. Andrew Barratt
Tel: 01687 450223
National Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Mrs. Tina Campbell
Scottish Catholic Safeguarding Service
274 Bath Street
Tel: 0141 332 7177
Tel/Fax: 0141 353 1177 / 0141 572 0253
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Group
Rev. Roddy Johnston
Rev. Andrew Barratt
Rev. David Connor
Ms. Kathleen McMahon
Mrs. Anne Marie Campbell
Mrs. Elizabeth Treasurer
Mrs. Catriona Kearney
Mrs. Janie Milne
The following are resources to download about awareness and Safety in our Catholic Communities.
- Awareness Safety – Contents – Revised 2015
- Awareness Safety – Acknowledgement Revised 2015
- Awareness Safety – Introduction – Revised July 2014
- Proof Read Awareness Safety – Section 1 – Policy Statement
- Awareness Safety – Section 2 – Structures – Roles – Revised July 2014
- Awareness Safety – Section 3 – Recruitment changes – Revised July 2014
- Proof Read Awareness Safety – Section 4 – Good Practice
- Awareness Safety – Section 5 – Responding to Allegations – Revised July 2014
- Awareness Safety – Section 5 – Supplement – Integrating changes – Revised July 2014
- Proof Read Awareness Safety – Section 6 – Adult Protection
- Proof Read Awareness Safety – Section 7 – Training